Sunday, May 20, 2012

Abe Lincoln National Historic Places KY IN

There are several places that commemorate Abe Lincoln’s life and I was able to visit a couple -- Abe Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Park (KY) and Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial (IN).  Another one of those visits that reminds me how long ago I studied history in school – I was in lower grades.  The park / memorial do a good job of bringing to life his parents and his family’s life in those times.  Thomas Lincoln, Abe’s father, took his family onto the frontier to build a farm.  Also I am amazed at the structures built as memorials – quite the architecture.

Abe Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Park KY memorial containing symbolic birthplace cabin

Once thought to be "the" cabin; dimensions approximate, style correct

rented Lincoln Farm in Knob Creek KY

Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial IN Visitor Center


Tom Lincoln cabin site

No comments:

Post a Comment